It is with a heavy heart that the Greater Edmonton Flag League has made the decision to cancel the upcoming 2020 Spring Flag League. With the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, it is clear we would be unable to provide a quality season, if a season at all. This hiatus will provide us the opportunity to focus on growth during the offseason, ensuring that we will come back in 2021 a stronger and even more established community.
We would like to take the time to thank all the players who were registered for the upcoming season, as well as their parents. This season would have been GEFFA's 2nd Annual Spring Flag Season. Starting off with a modestly sized season in 2019, 2020 would have seen a near 500% increase in player participation. An email has been sent out to all registered players in regards to their registration fees. If you have yet to receive this email, please contact us at your earliest convenience.
We have every intention of continuing on as planned with our Edmonton Eskimos Flag Football League in the Fall. Details will be released when we have a better grasp of the current COVID-19 situation.
Stay safe, healthy and active!
- The Greater Edmonton Flag Football Association